Post Your Job
Company: Gesellschaft fur Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ)
Expiry Date: 06.Jan.2017
The Advisor is responsible for managing support to the Internal Auditor's General Division (IAGO) in Ministry of Finance and Planning (MoF) of Tanzania in the context of Gil's Good Financial Governance Programme (GFG), in collaboration with the Gil International Technical Advisor providing professional advisory services to institutional development project initiatives and cooperate with a broad range of target groups within and outside IAGO, facilitating innovation, knowledge management and capacity building in both core and support functions of IAGO, assisting with complex analysis of technical processes on Internal Audit to facilitate adherence to International
Audit Standards issued by the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) and the Global and National Board of Accountants and Auditors (NBAA), proactively facilitating capacity building for IAGO staff, applying understanding of principles, concepts, practices and standards in the area of Public Financial .
Management (PFM), Risk Management, Systems and Control,
• contributes to achieving the objectives of Gil's Good Financial Governance Programme (GFG) in the Field of
Action on Internal Audit,
• provides technical in-depth advice on Internal Audit processes for IAGO as well as to Internal Audit units in Ministries, Of departments, Agencies, Regional Secretariats and LGAs, produces in collaboration with. BO staff training material and through -application of on-the job-training and training of trainers approach develop and roll-out improved internal audit work processes,
• is prepared to work in a highly flexible manner,
• advises regarding the introduction and use of electronic working documentation programmes, such as Team mate, and, as well the introduction of digital flow-charting and report writing programmes,
• facilitates that high-quality management and professional practices are well established and uniformly applied across Internal Audit activities in the Public Sector,
• promotes norms, standards and best practices of Internal Auditing in Public Sector in accordance with international standards,
• designs audit programmes taking into account the results of risks assessments of the entity being audited,
• assists IAGD in developing performance measures to monitor the effectiveness of Internal Audit processes and
• assists in strengthening dialogue with high level Government administration so as to have a common understanding of the internal auditors' roles and responsibilities in the public sector, .
• advices IAGD on how to apply a risk based approach in Internal Audit activities in the Public Sector, including the use of statistical approaches,
• facilitates in formulating need based ToRs for and hiring of consultants to implement development activities,
• prepares appropriate inputs for various project reports,
• assists with general project planning and develops project concepts including preparation, organization and moderation of planning exercises and their implementation, management, monitoring, quality management, evaluation, communication and documentation,
• provides strategic and organizational advice to strengthen IAGD institutionally,
• assists IAGD to enhance capacity of Internal Auditors and improve their independence and objectivity .
Required qualification, competence and experience
• A University Degree in a relevant discipline such as economics, finance, accounting, business administration or public administration,
• Ten (10) years of recent and relevant experience in Public Sector Auditing .
• Experience from government budgeting, accounts and financial reporting as well as relevant laws and regulations
• Professional Certifications such as Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), 'Certified
Information Systems Auditor (CISA) are highly desirable,
• Skills and experience in executing control design assessments, identifying and mapping key risks, controls and gaps, are highly desirable,
• Experience and knowledge in creating, maintaining and interpreting technology policies, standards and procedures, and understanding their impact across organizations is highly desirable,
• Significant experience and success in producing effective verbal and written communications are expected,
• Skills in using MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Project,
• Fluent English and Swahili language skills
Interested candidates should send their letter of application together with the CV and copies of academic certificates in hard copy to GIZ Office, ath. HR Department, 65 Ali Hassan Mwinyi Road, P.O.BOX 1519, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
REGISTER YOUR DOMAIN NOW
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENTSTangazo Kwa Umma
LOOKING FOR A JOB?
Subscribe to our Newsletter