Post Your Job
Company: Family Health International (FHI360)
Expiry Date: 03.Jun.2017
Kinondoni, Oysterbay Dar Es Salaam
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff include experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology; creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries. Currently, FHI 360 is seeking suitable candidates to fill in the position of Administrative Assistant/Receptionist to be based in Dar es Salaam.
Position Summary: Responsible for providing a broad range of high level administrative/logistical support to the Country Office/Projects and FHI360 International/Global offices. Assisting in managing office support operations. Additionally-executing responsibilities that assist the office of the Country Lead; and other Directors as needed. Responsible for managing the front office desk and acts as the first point of contact for the office for a wide range of visitors and ensuring adequate protocol is followed. Dealing with all visitors in a professional and courteous manner.
• Managing the Reception, including screening of visitors; incoming telephone calls;
• Receiving and controlling incoming correspondence
• Arranging travel and preparing associated documentation for the office staff
• Arranging transportation for staff
• Providing administrative support to the Country Lead’s office as well as other Directors.
• Maintaining and managing the Country Lead’s daily calendar
• Managing flow of information and request received by the Country Lead/Directors including invitations; meeting agendas etc.
• Maintaining effective information management systems (e.g. hard copy filing, electronic filing systems, databases etc.) to support the efficient operations.
• Serve as focal person for organization/coordination of workshops/conferences/meetings
• Coordinating all logistics pertaining hotel accommodation for staff travelling within and outside the country; and for incoming international visitors.
• General Office Support Services
• Diploma in related field with 1-3 years working experience in a related position. Experience and understanding of the NGO sector will be an added advantage.
• Significant experience in providing high level executive support in a professional manner.
• Experience of coordinating both local and international travel including obtaining of visas.
• Ability to communicate clearly, concisely and diplomatically in English and Kiswahili – verbally and in writing.
• Experience in handling confidential information appropriately.
• Courteous and customer focused, experience of service provision. Experience and ability to work interactively and proactively with other members of the team, managers and staff.
• Proven ability to work independently and with minimal supervision, using initiative and judgment to adapt solutions to meet situational needs.
• Proven ability to work in a disciplined and organized fashion, under pressure, with conflicting priorities and across time zones.
• Ability to work irregular hours when working to deadlines
• Proven competency in team work
• In depth knowledge of working practices and procedures and with equipment relevant to the role e.g. PCs, email, Microsoft Office etc.
• Computer literate (MS WORD, Power Point, Excel).
• Strong inter-personal relationship skills.
• Commitment to the highest ethical and professional standards.
Apply for this job
How to apply:
Send your Application, Curriculum Vitae (CV)/Resume, Photocopies of Certificates and Names and Addresses of three (3) referees
Human Resources Department, FHI360
P.O. Box 78082
Dar es Salaam
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
FHI 360 is an Equal Opportunity Employer
REGISTER YOUR DOMAIN NOW
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENTSTangazo Kwa Umma
LOOKING FOR A JOB?
THE LATEST NEWSMicrosoft's AI-powered offline translation now runs on any phone
Subscribe to our Newsletter