Post Your Job
Company: Proactive Employment Solutions Co. Ltd (PES)
Expiry Date: 07.Jul.2017
We are looking to recruit an experienced Civil Engineer for the Dar es Salaam office of our client KfW which is one of the world’s leading promotional and
development banks headquartered in Frankfurt in Germany. KfW finances development projects in developing and emerging countries on behalf of the
Federal Government of Germany. In Tanzania, our client is financing investments and complementary consulting services of the Tanzanian Government in
the water and sanitation, health, natural resources/biodiversity and energy sectors.
For a newly established position, the Dar es Salaam office of our client seeks to employ a civil engineer as Project Coordinator for public sector infrastructure
investments with a focus on projects in the area of water and sanitation. The candidate should be flexible to also support the coordination of infrastructure
investments in other sectors, e.g. the energy sector. The candidate should be well -qualified, results-oriented and able to work well under pressure. The
candidate should be highly self-motivated and capable to work in a dynamic, multinational team.
The successful candidate will be based in KfW`s Dar es Salaam office, with regular travels to the project sites.
DUTIES WILL INCLUDE:
• Support the Program Managers in the Dar es Salaam Office and/or in Frankfurt HQ in the preparation and implementation of projects mainly in the
water and sanitation sector and, as required, also in the energy sector, e.g. through preparing terms of reference, coordinating with project executing
entities, assigning and steering consultants and supervising contract management related to the project portfolio.
• Proactively interact and coordinate with government and parastatal authorities, construction companies, consultants, international development
partners and other relevant stakeholders.
• Oversee monitoring and evaluation, identify technical problems, follow up agreed actions and regularly report on the status of the portfolio.
• Ensure proper documentation of processes according to the organization`s regulations.
To perform this job successfully, the candidate must be able to apply skills, understanding and knowledge acquired in the field of Civil Engineering to meet
the objectives of our client:
• Master of Civil Engineering or University degree in a relevant subject;
• At least minimum 5 years of relevant working experience preferably in the water and sanitation sector;
• Working experience in collaboration with consultants, the construction industry and government entities, e.g. through public sector investment
• Proven negotiation skills and hands-on experience in procurement and contract management of large-scale infrastructure projects, possibly
according to FIDC standards;
• Understanding of project financing through development banks would be desirable;
• Well-organized and structured personality, able to identify priority issues, to effectively communicate them to superiors, to discuss solutions, and to
follow through agreed actions;
• Ability to effectively interact and coordinate with government authorities, construction companies, consultants and Development Partners in Tanzania;
• Personality with a strong interest in life-long learning and in expanding management skills;
• Proven excellent communication and report writing skills in English and in Kiswahili. Correspondence with HQ in Frankfurt will be essential and will
mostly take place in English language through telephone or e-mail;
• Knowledge of German language would be an asset.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send to us: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Please note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted
REGISTER YOUR DOMAIN NOW
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENTSTangazo Kwa Umma
LOOKING FOR A JOB?
THE LATEST NEWSLG G7 ThinQ to feature dedicated Google Assistant button
Subscribe to our Newsletter