Post Your Job
Company: Tanzania Agricultural Development Bank Limited (TADB)
Expiry Date: 22.Sep.2017
Other Dar es Salaam District Dar Es Salaam
Tanzania Agricultural Development Bank Limited (TADB) is a Government Institution established under the Companies Act, 2002 and licensed under the provisions of the Banking and Financial Institutions Act No 5 of 2006 and the Banking and Financial Institutions (Development Finance) Regulations, 2012. The bank has the following key objectives:
• To catalyze credit delivery to the agricultural sector and thereby accelerate agricultural growth;
• To lead, as an apex agricultural financing bank, in capacity building strategies and programmes to strengthen the agriculture financial value chain;
• To be an important player in the implementation of the Government’s development vision, policies and programmes, including but not limited to the Tanzania Development Vision 2015, Agricultural Sector Development Programme, Kilimo Kwanza Initiative, Second-Generation Financial Sector Reforms as well as in the furtherance of the National Strategy for Growth and Reduction of Poverty for Mainland Tanzania (MKUKUTA), and Zanzibar Strategy for Growth and Reduction of Poverty (MKUZA);
• To build on existing agro-financing activities through provision of short, medium and long-term facilities to the following: smallholder farmers’ groups, savings and credit cooperative societies (SACCOS), community banks, commercial banks and microfinance institutions (MFIs) that are active in lending to the agricultural sector;
• To coordinate and monitor agriculture and rural lending activities with a view to maximizing the impact of agricultural growth by working closely with the Ministries and institutions responsible for Agriculture, Regional Administration as well as the numerous players active in this sector;
• To assist the Government in implementing its policies on enhancing financial inclusion and economic empowerment in the rural areas.
The TADB is hereby inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacancies:
LOAN RECOVERY MANAGER – 1 Vacancy, DSM
Nature and Scope:
The successful candidate will report to the Director of Credit and Business Management. He/she will be responsible for management of all non-performing and written off loans to maximize recovery and minimize recovery costs in the bank.
• Develop, recommends, and implements recovery strategy for the bank;
• Undertake recovery actions timely and in a cost effective manner;
• Review non-performing loan repayment schedule or settlements;
• Liaise with Legal department on the securities pledged and take stock of assets pledged;
• Visit defaulters’ sites and take stock of the assets pledged before any recovery action is recommended;
• Assigns files for legal action or collection agency placement;
• Prepare, recommends for approval loan write offs once all sources of recovery have been exhausted;
• Carry out continuous and on-demand loan recovery activities in the bank.
• Carry out any other related duties as may be assigned to him/her by his/her Supervisor or Managing Director from time to time.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience:
• Post-Graduate qualifications in Agricultural Economics & Agribusiness, Rural Development, Agricultural Extension, Rural Sociology, Economics, or related discipline;
• At least five (5) years relevant working experience in a reputable institution, two (2) of which must have been in a managerial position;
• Excellent and well developed interpersonal and organizational skills;
• Strong written and communication skills with ability to write reports in a concise and focused style;
• Must be a team player, very self-motivated and able to manage and prioritize work load with minimum supervision;
• Highly developed Computer skills;
• Possession of knowledge of the banking industry and its related laws, regulations, policies and procedures will be an added advantage
Tanzania Agricultural Development Bank Limited is an equal opportunity employer. The bank offers an attractive remuneration package, career development opportunities and excellent working environment
Apply for this job
Qualified candidates should apply in writing to or lodge their applications at the address shown below, enclosing:
Application letter showing how they meet the requirements of the position;
An up-to-date Curriculum Vitae;
Contacts stating name in full, physical address, telephone numbers and e-mail addresses of the candidate;
Certified copies of relevant certificates
Names and full contacts of three (3) referees.
Closing date: Applications should reach the undersigned not later than 4.00 pm on Friday, 22nd September 2017.
Tanzania Agricultural Development Bank,
3rd Floor Acacia Estates Building,
Plot 84 Kinondoni Road,
P.O. Box 63372, 14109 DAR ES SALAAM.
For further information, please visit the Bank’s website: www.tadb.co.tz
Looking for a Job?
THE LATEST NEWSTCCIA Investment profit declines 60pc
Subscribe to our Newsletter