Post Your Job
Company: Tanzania Agricultural Development Bank Limited (TADB)
Expiry Date: 22.Sep.2017
Other Dar es Salaam District Dar Es Salaam
Tanzania Agricultural Development Bank Limited (TADB) is a Government Institution established under the Companies Act, 2002 and licensed under the provisions of the Banking and Financial Institutions Act No 5 of 2006 and the Banking and Financial Institutions (Development Finance) Regulations, 2012. The bank has the following key objectives:
• To catalyze credit delivery to the agricultural sector and thereby accelerate agricultural growth;
• To lead, as an apex agricultural financing bank, in capacity building strategies and programmes to strengthen the agriculture financial value chain;
• To be an important player in the implementation of the Government’s development vision, policies and programmes, including but not limited to the Tanzania Development Vision 2015, Agricultural Sector Development Programme, Kilimo Kwanza Initiative, Second-Generation Financial Sector Reforms as well as in the furtherance of the National Strategy for Growth and Reduction of Poverty for Mainland Tanzania (MKUKUTA), and Zanzibar Strategy for Growth and Reduction of Poverty (MKUZA);
• To build on existing agro-financing activities through provision of short, medium and long-term facilities to the following: smallholder farmers’ groups, savings and credit cooperative societies (SACCOS), community banks, commercial banks and microfinance institutions (MFIs) that are active in lending to the agricultural sector;
• To coordinate and monitor agriculture and rural lending activities with a view to maximizing the impact of agricultural growth by working closely with the Ministries and institutions responsible for Agriculture, Regional Administration as well as the numerous players active in this sector;
• To assist the Government in implementing its policies on enhancing financial inclusion and economic empowerment in the rural areas.
The TADB is hereby inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacancies:
STRATEGIC PLANNING & POLICY MANAGER – 1 Vacancy, DSM
Nature and Scope:
The successful candidate will report to the Director of Planning, Research and Policy. He/She will be responsible for coordinating the planning and performance management processes of the bank; including formulation of bank policies; review of strategic plan, business plan and action plans; and overseeing the effectiveness of plan implementation by Departments and Units across the bank.
• Co-ordinate development of the bank’s long term strategy and corporate plans, and to monitor their implementation including conducting periodic plan reviews;
• Coordinate preparation of annual action plans and performance reports by functional units;
• Prepare policies and guidelines on the formulation of policies, manuals, plans, setting of targets, performance measurement and reporting thereof;
• Co-ordinate development of performance management standards, i.e. indicators and targets in all functional units with respect to set objectives;
• Review and document business processes of the bank and manage continuous business process improvement;
• Advise on the preparation of programs intended to facilitate business processes; and recommend organizational strategies and changes as may be considered necessary;
• Coordinate preparation of the bank’s inputs for the preparation and review of various national policies and regulations related to agricultural/rural development and financing;
• Prepare plans and budgets for the department and coordinate preparation of plans and budgets by other functional units in the bank;
• Prepare terms of reference and provide overall co-ordination of work by consultants, related to the bank’s business strategy;
• Identify and manage line-of-business changes and build on ongoing partnerships with government leaders, key stakeholders and business partners for effective change management;
• Conduct and facilitate training programs on corporate planning and policy development;
• Coordinate the formulation and review of all bank policies and exercise their custodianship;
• Monitor and report on implementation of management decisions and directives regarding the bank’s strategy, corporate plan and policies;
• Coordinate development and review of bank’s operations and procedures manuals and structures;
• Carry out any other related duties as may be assigned to him/her by his/her Supervisor or Managing Director from time to time.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience:
• Master’s Degree in Planning, Business Management/Administration, Finance, Economics or related discipline.
• A strong first degree in Planning, Economics, Statistics, Finance, or related field;
• At least 5 years working experience of which 2 must be in a senior/managerial position in related field.
• Significant experience in strategic planning/project management.
• Knowledge of data analysis software/programmes.
• Ability to analyze financial and economic data and interpret policy-related reports;
• Strong written and communication skills with ability to write reports in a concise and focused style.
• Possession of leadership and people management skills, and a team player with strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Self-motivated and able to manage and prioritize work load with minimum supervision.
• Computer literate with highly developed computer application skills.
• Knowledge of the banking industry and its related laws, regulations, policies and procedures will be an added advantage.
Tanzania Agricultural Development Bank Limited is an equal opportunity employer. The bank offers an attractive remuneration package, career development opportunities and excellent working environment
Apply for this job
Qualified candidates should apply in writing to or lodge their applications at the address shown below, enclosing:
Application letter showing how they meet the requirements of the position;
An up-to-date Curriculum Vitae;
Contacts stating name in full, physical address, telephone numbers and e-mail addresses of the candidate;
Certified copies of relevant certificates
Names and full contacts of three (3) referees.
Closing date: Applications should reach the undersigned not later than 4.00 pm on Friday, 22nd September 2017.
Tanzania Agricultural Development Bank,
3rd Floor Acacia Estates Building,
Plot 84 Kinondoni Road,
P.O. Box 63372, 14109 DAR ES SALAAM.
For further information, please visit the Bank’s website: www.tadb.co.tz
Looking for a Job?
THE LATEST NEWSTTCL targets greater profits
Subscribe to our Newsletter