Post Your Job
Company: One Acre Fund
Expiry Date: 22.Oct.2017
Other Iringa District Iringa
The Business Operations department is responsible for all key client data management and works closely with our core operations on a daily basis to make our farmer-facing teams as effective as possible. The Business Operations Project Specialist will lead the day-to-day running of the Business Operations team, driving the team to increase efficiencies and capabilities within the team. The Business Operations Project Specialist will have an important role in developing team members’ skills during a period when the core business processes in One Acre Fund Tanzania are changing radically.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Oversee major processes and ensure accurate and timely execution of critical team tasks, together with the Business Operations Lead and Client Data Manager:
o Contract data entry and quality control
o Distribution schedule data entry and quality control
o Repayment and revenue data entry and quality control
o Client blacklisting and repayment rollovers
o Cross-departmental trackers such as Contracts & Distribution
• Take an active role in proactively calendaring and communicating key activities for the Business Operations team, in liaison with the Systems team and Business Operations Lead
• Develop a keen understanding of One Acre Fund’s overall operations and how Business Operations’ activities can be executed and planned strategically, effectively, and efficiently
Liaise with Other Departments
• Meet regularly with Field Operations, Audit & HR leadership to maintain a relationship of ongoing feedback, service, and communication
• Feed into departmental budgeting and related communications with the Finance team
Process Streaming and Improvements
• Working with the district teams to improve the processes for receipt entry and recording revenue
• Improve communications between the district teams and Field operations
• Build standardised training processes and raise capacity across the team on processes such as Input Distribution, Customer Engagement and Client Enrollment
• Implement an effective tracking system for key performance indicators for the organization and the Business Operations department
• Other important systems projects, as required
Career Growth and Development
One Acre Fund invests in building management and leadership skills. Your manager and a global support team will commit significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship and through regular management consulting-style career reviews. We also have regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about. Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new high-level roles opening up and opportunities in many functions.
We are seeking exceptional professionals with a strong background in finance and operations or a related field, and a demonstrated long-term passion for sustainable agricultural development in sub-Saharan Africa. We are looking for extraordinary candidates that are proactive; please only apply if you fit these criteria:
• Demonstrated computer skills in email, internet usage, Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Access
• Strong understanding of data analytics processes, e.g. data cleaning, data quality checking, reconciliation, etc.
• Proactive problem solver
• Extremely organized individual, with the ability to manage multiple projects at once with liaison across multiple departments
• Integrity and a positive attitude
• Demonstrates high quality work with a strong attention to detail
• A willingness to commit to living in Iringa for at least two years
• Language: Fluent in English and Swahili.
• Passionate about serving smallholder farmers
• Relevant work experiences. Examples include: demanding professional work experience in business, bank or NGO, or a successful entrepreneurial experience.
• Top-performing undergraduate degree in economics, business, finance, accounting or other relevant fields from a recognized University (please include grades and test scores on your resume)
• Leadership experience at work, or outside of work. Experience managing other people.
• Proven ability to set and meet targets on the job
If you have these skills and experiences in these areas, please highlight them on your cover letter and resume.
Preferred Start Date
Minimum two year's commitment, full-time job
We offer a modest starting salary that affords a high quality of life in our areas of operation. This is a career-track role with performance-based raises and the ability to expand responsibilities over time.
Apply for this job
To apply for this job, please go to the following website
REGISTER YOUR DOMAIN NOW
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENTSTangazo Kwa Umma
LOOKING FOR A JOB?
THE LATEST NEWSAndroid P will prevent apps from quietly hijacking your camera
Subscribe to our Newsletter