Post Your Job
Company: Ariel Glaser Pediatric AIDS Healthcare Initiative (AGPAHI)
Expiry Date: 27.Oct.2017
Other Dar es Salaam District Dar Es Salaam
The Ariel Glaser Pediatric AIDS Healthcare Initiative (AGPAHI), an affiliate of Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Organization (EGPAF) is Tanzanian led and managed national organization focusing largely on HIV and AIDS and other related health programs. AGPAHI implements all its programs in collaboration with Tanzania Government Entities through the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MoHCDGEC) and President's Office - Regional Administration and Local Government (PO RALG) and other stakeholders. AGPAHI supports the provision of high-quality HIV and other health services and ensures that efforts are well-integrated into existing regional and district health systems.
AGPAHI is implementing various projects that are highly demanding and thus the organization is looking for a motivated, result driven, qualified and competent people to fill various positions as per the AGPAHI organogram.
JOB TITLE: Procurement Officer REPORTING TO: Senior Procurement Officer
LOCATION: Dar es salaam
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
• Procurement Officer will be assisting the senior in the following duties:-
• Provide efficient support and ensure success of the overall procurement activities, while providing efficient utilization of resources in accordance with USG procurement procedures
• Act on requisitions received for the procurement of goods and logistics services for the main and field offices by issuing POs after completion of the procurement cycle as per procurement procedures;
• Ensure full compliance and application of standard USG procurement rules, procedures and best practices
• Maintain procurement processes that ensure project's effective ability to procure and deliver quality goods and services to the requesting offices
• Ensure fairness in transparent bidding processes and effective competition, as well as best prices and best value for money in all procurement and logistics activities
• Prepare regular reports on the status of the overall project procurement process
• Ensure to submit invoices received for the goods delivered/ services rendered to finance department after verification along with supporting documents
• Manage the database for all service contacts in place e.g lease contract, fuel and vehicle contracts etc. with regard to main and field offices
• Negotiate Effectively and Deliver Real Bottom Line Efficiencies and Cost Savings
• Track deliveries and make sure Projects receive exactly what was ordered from vendors
• Ensure timely and quality procurement and logistics services provision according to the project's duration
• Expedite VAT processes and ensure timely reimbursements from TRA
Qualifications and Experience
• A Bachelor's degree in Procurement and supplies management.
• Registered by Procurement and Supplies Professional and technician Board.CLevel three above)
• Advanced certificate in Strategic Procurement will be an added advantage.
• Knowledge, experience and familiarity with USG federal compliance rules, regulations and standards will be an added advantage.
• General office administration, procurement, and logistical skills.
• At least 3 years' experience in dealing with procurement, and logistical activities.
• Additional experience working with Government of Tanzania offices CMoH & TRA) for VAT exemptions.
Apply for this job
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and CV (not exceeding four pages) and names and contact information of three referees before close of business on Friday 27th October, 2017 to the Human Resources and Administration Manager, Ariel Glaser Pediatric AIDS Healthcare Initiative, bye-mail firstname.lastname@example.org Please mention the title of the position in your email subject and do not attach any document other than the CV and cover letter. Submission can also be dropped physically or by post in the address below:
Ariel Glaser Pediatric AIDS Healthcare Initiative
Plot 372, House No. 7 Chole Road (Near Coco Beach)
P.O. Box 38252 Dar es Salaam
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
REGISTER YOUR DOMAIN NOW
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENTSTangazo Kwa Umma
LOOKING FOR A JOB?
THE LATEST NEWSAndroid P will prevent apps from quietly hijacking your camera
Subscribe to our Newsletter