Post Your Job
Expiry Date: 19.Nov.2017
Other Dar es Salaam District Dar Es Salaam
JOB SUMMARY Reporting to the Finance Manager, the Accountant is responsible to manage all finance and accounting processes for various programs; posting all Travel expense reports, receipts and Journals into Sage X3. He/she will ensure that all bankings are receipted and made in timely fashion. The accountant is responsible to ensure that all financial documents are properly approved and filed under lock and key.
• Monitor and control cash flow on daily basis to ensure smooth operation.
• Processing monthly financial reports and share with FM and DFA before sending them to NY.
• Manage Staff /Consultants advances and reconciliation every end of the month.
• Process payments to all Vendors and staff travel/workshop advances in a timely manner.
• Manage payroll/Salaries, and maintain timely processing of all statutory requirements.
• Make sure that Cash, Cheque book are adequately secured.
• Prepare payments vouchers and documentation prepared accurately, ensure they are properly coded and are supported by the proper documentation
• Work closely with bankers as the bank cashier by handing all cashed cheques for office use, collecting interim bank statements and depositing funds to the bank account.
• Manage the accounting software by ensuring that payments and receipts are posted on a regular basis and that the integrity of the accounting database is maintained.
• Ensure that accounting documents and systems are properly filed and safely maintained
• Assist/give TA to field office administrators in any accounting/finance and administration matter
• Assist with the preparations for internal and external audits.
• Monitor cash flow, process and manage staff/consultant travel advances, manage and process payments to vendors.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND CERTIFICATIONS
• Minimum qualification of Bachelors degree in accounting or a related field from a recognized institution.
• Professional certification of CPA or ACCA.
• Minimum of four years relevant work experience in the field of accounting/finance/ auditing.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Hands-on Computer knowledge with excellent use of accounting packages/programs including Excel, SUN, Tally and QuickBooks.
Proven technical expertise in the accounting and operations field.
Excellent interpersonal skills, capable of teamwork
Experience in working and collaborating with various donors and sub guarantees
Ability to handle imprest/ cash advance operations and reconciliations.
Conversant with regulatory requirements e.g. PAYE, NSSF, PPF, and VAT
The capacity to be discrete, honest and disciplined in the management of day to day activities
Experience in audit would be an added advantage.
Apply for this job
To apply for this job, please go to the following website
Looking for a Job?
THE LATEST NEWSTTCL targets greater profits
Subscribe to our Newsletter