Post Your Job
Company: Bluebay Beach Resort & Spa
Expiry Date: 13.Nov.2017
Other Zanzibar District Zanzibar
Bluebay Hotels offers a choice of two beautiful resorts on the unspoilt eastern coast of Zanzibar: Bluebay Beach Resort & Spa and Sultan Sands Island Resort. The two sister properties located in Kiwengwa share an idyllic 500m of untouched white sandy Indian Ocean coastline.
The position of General Manager at Bluebay Beach Resort & Spa comes with a variety of responsibilities. If you have a professional manner, friendly personality and are able to think on your feet then this might be the position for you.
Applications with no Hotel Management experience will not be considered.
All applicants must have a college level degree in hospitality management and minimum 3 years experience as a General Manager in a hotel resort environment.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the hotel and staff. They would have commercial accountability for budgeting and financial management, planning, organising and directing all hotel services, including front-of-house, Guest Services, food and beverage operations, and housekeeping.
While taking a strategic overview and planning ahead to maximise profits, the candidate must also pay attention to the details, setting the example for staff to deliver a standard of service and presentation that meets guests' needs and expectations. Business and people management are equally important elements.
This position of General Manager requires total commitment, as the work is exacting and demanding. Managers must dress smartly when on duty and must remain diplomatic, polite and patient at all times.
The successful candidate will need to have:
• a friendly personality and a genuine desire to help and please others;
• the ability to think clearly and make quick decisions;
• numeracy and logistical planning skills;
• a professional manner and a calm, rational approach to problems;
• the ability to balance customer and business priorities;
• flexibility and a 'can do' mentality;
• energy and patience;
• excellent communication and interpersonal skills,
• Africa Experience is an advantage as are language skills
Managerial duties will include:
• planning and organising accommodation, catering and other hotel services;
• promoting and marketing the business;
• managing budgets and financial plans as well as controlling expenditure;
• setting and achieving sales and profit targets;
• analysing sales figures and devising marketing and revenue management strategies;
• recruiting, training and monitoring staff;
• planning work schedules for individuals and teams;
• meeting and greeting customers;
• dealing with customer complaints and comments;
• addressing problems and troubleshooting;
• ensuring events and conferences run smoothly;
• supervising maintenance, supplies, renovations and furnishings;
• dealing with contractors and suppliers;
• ensuring security is effective;
• carrying out thorough inspections of property and services,
• ensuring compliance with licensing laws, health and safety etc
• regular meetings with heads of departments to coordinate and monitor the progress of business strategies.
• A salary commensurate with this Senior Managerial position
• Medical Insurance,
• One return airfare home per annum
• live-in accommodation in the form of a managers house,
• meals on duty,
• laundry allowance,
• 28 days annual leave to be arranged in consultation with the Managing Director
• one day off per week in line with the needs of the business
Apply for this job
To apply for this job, please go to the following website
REGISTER YOUR DOMAIN NOW
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENTSTangazo Kwa Umma
LOOKING FOR A JOB?
THE LATEST NEWSMotorola unveils the Moto 1S, a G6 copy with Lenovo's ZUI
Subscribe to our Newsletter