Post Your Job
Company: DAI Global, LLC
Expiry Date: 12.Nov.2017
Iringa Mjini Iringa
DAI works at the cutting edge of international development, combining technical excellence, professional project management, and exceptional customer service to solve our clients’ most complex problems. Since 1970, DAI has worked in 150 developing and transition countries, providing comprehensive development solutions in areas including crisis mitigation and stability operations, democratic governance and public sector management, agriculture and agribusiness, private sector development and financial services, economics and trade, HIV/AIDS, avian influenza control, water and natural resources management, and energy and climate change. Clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and host-country governments.
The purpose of USAID’s Youth Economic Empowerment Activity is to use positive youth development approaches to empower rural Tanzanian youth and educate them on viable business options for rural economies, highlighting the income-generating potential across agricultural and other rural value chains and facilitating access to information, skills, and opportunities to ensure successful business start-ups and sustained employment.
The Finance and Administration Manager reports to the Chief of Party (COP). He/she will:
• Provide leadership for all aspects of the Youth Economic Empowerment Activity administrative and financial management, including budgeting, tracking, reporting and accounting of finances and procurement; office facility and vehicle park logistics management, human resources and vendor contracts
• Supervise the Youth Economic Empowerment Activity staff in financial reporting, grants management, and subcontracting for USAID, DAI and Tanzanian law compliance
• Ensure the Youth Economic Empowerment Activity administrative, operations and finance teams function efficiently to support the technical implementation of the project;
• Oversee the daily financial operations of the project, which include cash flow management, time sheet recording, managing pipeline, assisting with financial projections & budgeting, ensuring bank reconciliations and wire requests are submitted correctly and in a timely fashion, verifying vouchers and entries in FAS as well as timely uploads of project expenses in accordance with DAI’s Financial calendar reporting to USAID on the financial aspects of the project, and daily monitoring of obligations, budgets, and expenditures;
• Investigate and identify new way of achieving project efficiencies. Provide compliance training to procurement, finance, and M&E staff, including fraud prevention and reporting;
• Identify potential areas of financial vulnerability that are high risk. Develop and implement practical corrective action plans to resolve issues;
• Conduct spot checks of procurement documentation, financial records, etc.;
• Supervise Senior Accountant, Office Manager, HR Officer, Procurement Officer, and administrative team;
• Other duties as assigned.
• Master’s in Business, Finance, Accounting, or a similar relevant field.
• Demonstrated experience with funds control, monitoring of fraud and abuse and demonstrated success in managing sub-contracts/sub-grants with international consortiums including local organizations and NGOs.
• Minimum eight years of experience of which at least five years must be overseas in financial management of large, complex, donor-funded projects, with demonstrated experience with funds control, monitoring of fraud and abuse and demonstrated success in managing sub-contracts/sub-grants with international consortiums including local organizations and NGOs.
• Professional level oral and written skills in English.
Apply for this job
Interested and qualified candidates should send their resume in English with position applying for in subject line by e-mail no later than November 12, 2017. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews. More information about DAI can be found on the DAI website (www.dai.com).
Looking for a Job?
THE LATEST NEWSTTCL targets greater profits
Subscribe to our Newsletter