Post Your Job
Company: DAI Global LLC
Expiry Date: 09.Mar.2018
Iringa Mjini Iringa
DAI Global LLC, is implementing the Feed the Future Tanzania Land Tenure Assistance activity (LTA) funded by the USAID, based in Iringa. This four-year project will assist 41 villages in Iringa and Mbeya Districts to register land ownership by issuing CCROs, support village land use planning efforts and increase local understanding of land use and land rights.
To accomplish the project objectives, DAI Global LLC, Feed the Future Tanzania Land Tenure Assistance (LTA) seeks to recruit a committed and dedicated candidate to fill the position of Field Assistant and Driver based in Iringa.
OBJECTIVES AND DUTIES:
The Field Assistant and Driver will perform the following functions but not limited to:
• Routine maintenance and care of office vehicles including but not limited to minor routine repairs.
• Drive office vehicles safely and chauffeur office staff, official visitors and guests to official destinations.
• Takes careful note of all available information concerning street conditions,
effective routes and locations.
• Assists in the transport of goods.
• Maintain vehicle cleanliness. Regularly cleans inside and outside the office vehicle. Wash car when it is required and advised.
• Checks oil, water, brakes and clutch fluids on a daily basis; tire pressures, battery water, and overall vehicle condition on regular basis and every 5000 km whichever comes first, tests lights, brakes, bodywork for dents, etc.
• Is responsible for accuracy of project vehicle documents and its care, keeps vehicle logbook updated on a daily basis and registers each monthly check and maintenance/repair works required.
• Reports the need for maintenance and undertakes minor repairs.
• Report any emergency or incidents immediately. Immediately reports any involvement of the project/office vehicle in any, even minor accidents, or any damage or theft of equipment from the vehicle.
• If there is no outside driving activity, s/he stands by in the office, supports other colleagues on need basis, and does other office work as assigned by supervisor.
• Support the Field Program Director in implementation of training and land registration activities in the field
• Complete supplementary data collection questionnaire (in coordination with demarcation/ adjudication work) with claimants in the field
• Train and supervise village communications assistants to complete the supplementary data collection questionnaire with claimants in the field
• Support the Field Program Director to track the registration and processing of CCROs
• Support the Field Program Director on the training of trainers for extension of MAST to target villages
• Collect monitoring and evaluation data and enter to TAMIS
• Other duties as assigned to assist in the implementation of LTA field activities
• Bachelor degree in relevant field
• Minimum 2 years prior professional experience
• Experience of working on the projects under USAID is an added advantage
• Possession of a valid driver’s license
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
• Discipline and punctuality
• Strong sense of client service
• Have a solid understanding of the Project and its scope of work
• Strong understanding of the local area, places and culture
• Possess understanding vehicle operating systems
• No history of accidents.
• Have a nil police record.
• Good spoken and written English and Swahili
How to Apply for this Job:
Submit your updated CV and cover letter to: LTArecruitment@dai.com with the subject line “ “Field Assistant and Driver”
Deadline for application is: March 9, 2018
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 5 days after the closing date.
Details Job Role: Experienced Position Type: Consultant Organization Type: NGO Location Other Dar es Salaam District Dar Es Salaam Descrip ...
REGISTER YOUR DOMAIN NOW
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENTSTangazo Kwa Umma
LOOKING FOR A JOB?
THE LATEST NEWSZuckerberg is 'uncomfortable' making content decisions for all users
Subscribe to our Newsletter